This light and rich chocolate pie requires only a few ingredients but looks super impressive and luxurious. Try decorating with fresh berries, lime zest or apricots for a fruity twist or simply serve with a dollop of fresh cream.
• 150g oatmeal flour
• 4 tbsp vegetable milk
• 4 tbsp sugar
• 55g cocoa butter
• 2 tbsp oil
• 100g chocolate (we used 75% Mito Chocolate Peru)
• 95ml milk
- Combine all of your pie crust ingredients in a bowl until it forms a dough.
- Line a pie dish with the dough and bake for 20 minutes on medium heat, then leave to cool for one hour.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until fully melted, then stir in the milk and stir continuously.
- Pour the ganache into the crust and refrigerate for one hour before serving!
A big thank you to Mito Chocolate for this delicious pie recipe!
This recipe is a part of the Great #ChocolateBakeoff! For the next few weeks, we at Cacao Magazine want you to bake your signature chocolate bake using your favourite chocolate and join us for The Great Chocolate Bake Off!
Post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ChocolateBakeoff and tag us (@readcacao). We’ll be sharing all recipes in our stories and post our favourite recipes on the website! We’ll share which chocolate you used so people interested in the recipe can help support the chocolate makers.
At the end of all of this, we’ll put the recipes to a peoples vote – the overall favourite recipe will win a year’s worth of Cacao Magazine’s (starting with Issue 3 when it comes out)!