Chocolatey, bubbly, and refreshing! This recipe is our chocolate maker’s favourite afternoon refreshment to sip on at Mindo, and it’s so easy to make at home. The key to this recipe is using a light and airy cocoa powder that packs a powerful punch of flavour. Keep some extra chocolate sauce in the refrigerator and make yourself a crisp Chocolate Soda whenever the mood hits.
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ cup Mindo Cocoa Powder
- Optional: seeds scraped from ½ a vanilla bean
- 2 cups chocolate sauce
- 2 cups of your favourite flavoured La Croix, Sparkling Water, or Seltzer (Passion Fruit La Croix is a personal favourite)
- In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla bean, and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, strain, and let cool.
- Pour the sparkling water of your choice over ice in your favourite glass, then add the chocolate sauce. Stir to combine and enjoy!
This recipe was kindly provided by Elizabeth from Mindo Chocolate Makers. This recipe uses their delicious and all-natural, non-alkalized cocoa powder which is made from nothing but cacao. You can check it out and more of their products here.
This recipe is a part of the Great #ChocolateBakeoff! For the next few weeks, we at Cacao Magazine want you to bake your signature chocolate bake using your favourite chocolate and join us for The Great Chocolate Bake Off!
Post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ChocolateBakeoff and tag us (@readcacao). We’ll be sharing all recipes in our stories and post our favourite recipes on the website! We’ll share which chocolate you used so people interested in the recipe can help support the chocolate makers.
At the end of all of this, we’ll put the recipes to a peoples vote – the overall favourite recipe will win a year’s worth of Cacao Magazine’s (starting with Issue 3 when it comes out)!